Hericots verts (French green beans) are one of my absolute favorite veggies. If you’ve never had them, they are a longer, thinner, crisper type of green bean, and they rock my world. I love how versatile they are. Whether you boil them, pan fry them, over roast them or bbq them, they are simply delicious. This particular recipe is one we make regularly around our house because we’re pretty obsessed with bacon and because it comes together super quick and easy. If you can’t find French green beans, this recipe is just as good with the regular variety.
Garlicy Pan Fried Green Beans with Bacon
- 3 cups French green beans, chopped in thirds
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 3 slices bacon, chopped into bite size pieces
- Heat a sauté pan over medium high and add your bacon pieces
- Once your bacon pieces are mostly cooked, add the green beans to the pan. (If you’re not using bacon, add 1 tsp olive oil)
- Sprinkle garlic powder, garlic salt and pepper over the green beans and stir to incorporate.
- Saute, stirring regularly for about 7 minutes. This will give you a slightly crispy bean. If you prefer something less crip, then cook longer.
- Serve immediately
We like to make this dish with salmon, but it goes great with everything. Enjoy!!